Thursday, August 31, 2017

Junk Journal Mania- For a College Girl

I have been cranking out Junk journals like a crazy woman! I love making these things.  I've decided that i'm going to start an etsy store to sell some of the ones that i've made. The journal that i'm sharing today is not for sale.  I made both my Niece and my Daughter and college themed junk journal to add photo's to and journal about their first year of college and living on their own.  I thought that this would be fun for both of them.  Today, i'm only going to share my nieces and then tomorrow my daughters. 
This journal has
43 pages-front and back 86 pages
Hard cover measuring 5 3/4" x 8 1/2"
Sewn in Signature (one)
Coffee stained papers
Seam Binding closure with eyelets
Pin Charm using a kilt pin and dangling beads off of rusty safety pins
Numerous handmade Pockets, tuck spots
Lots of Writing space and places for photo's




Cover and side view:
The cover photo i found on pinterest in old magazine cover photo's. I added cheesecloth underneath the photo, Lace to the binding, and then trim.

For a lot of the pages i left blank so that she could write her feelings, her classes by semester and how she did, what it's like to cook, pay rent etc... She can also add pictures.























Most of the pages that i did embellish, i used old book pages (dictionary, hymnal) and layered them. Distressing the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink. I did a little stamping, punching, layering, added a little ephemera and made many pockets and/or tuck spots. Added some lace to a couple of pages and some trim to another. You'll notice that the thesaurus pages that i used in the front and back of the books has the words Doctor, Physician because my niece wants to be a dermatologist so i thought that this would be appropriate. Most of the stamps used within this journal are from Whimsy stamps or Tim Holtz.
Please tell me what you think about the book and any suggestions i'll take. lol.

Challenges

Crafting by Designs Sept. ATG (1/3)
Crafty Gals Corner  #138 ATG (1/2)
Crafty Creations #349 ATG (1/2)
Day Dreamer Challenge #2 ATG (1/3)
Simon Says Stamp #41 ATG (1/5)
HeARTful Stamping ATG with Stamp (2/2)
Simply Papercraft #50 ATG (2/3)
Dream Valley #162 Use a Stamp or Digi (3/3) 10C
Pammies Inky Pinkies 1735 ATG (3/3))
Come and Get it 2 or more different Embellishments (1/3)



Thank you for Stopping by and i hope that you like my junk journal

9 comments:

Cheri said...

Stunning, Deonna! I have two of these in the works right now for my niece who's getting married in April. One is for her the other will be mine. I found a ton of papers that she had saved sine the 1940's, and other items in a chest. I wasn't sure what I would do with them, but the junk journals are perfect for using up these little finds. I thought it would be a great idea to give to Emily as a shower gift. She can use it to write down memories of her new life. I hope they turn out as gorgeous as yours.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What a fabulous piece of art! Stunning. Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

creationsnz said...

A treasure trove of bits. Thanks for sharing your work at Come And Get It, CarolG

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful book. Love your design and all of those gorgeous details. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Elizabeth Hart said...

Such a creative project - so beautifully done too with all the perfect details. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Gayatri said...

Such a beautiful project. Love it. Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining in at Crafting by Designs

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - it's WONDERFUL!
LOVE the cover and all the pretty pages inside!
Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

N-Eva said...

This is absolutely stunning! . Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT